M-GO Digital Entertainment Service now live on millions of VIZIO Smart TVs and Co-Star' Streaming PlayersAUGUST 8, 2013, CULVER CITY, CALIF., -- M-GO™, the people-friendliest, new digital entertainment service announced that today the streaming service has begun to roll out across VIZIO’s Smart TV platforms VIZIO Internet Apps™ and VIZIO Internet Apps Plus™. Owners of VIZIO smart TVs and Co-Star™ streaming players gain unlimited access to M-GO’s deep library of movies and TV shows earlier than Netflix streaming on demand in SD or HD directly to their TVs. With M-GO, people only pay for the movies and TV shows they want, without needing to commit to subscription fees. VIZIO consumers having purchased their HDTV or Co-Star in the past year will notice a unique M-GO button at the top of their remote, making access to commercial-free, on-demand entertainment more convenient than ever before.
M-GO will now connect VIZIO consumers to the freshest new movies at the earliest digital release window and next-day air for TV shows, including recent films such as the Ryan Gosling-Bradley Cooper’s gripping crime drama, “The Place Beyond the Pines,” Oblivion teams Tom Cruise with Morgan Freeman in search of the truth, G.I. Joe Retaliation, starring Bruce Willis and The Rock, and many more.
“We chose to partner with M-GO across our suite of devices because we believe they deliver an unprecedented digital entertainment experience,” said Matt McRae, VIZIO Chief Technology Officer. “With M-GO’s breakthrough service combined with VIZIO’s industry-leading Smart TV platform, we are proud to deliver a world-class entertainment experience for all.”
“Making access to the movies and TV shows people care about easier is M-GO’s mission,” said John Batter, CEO of M-GO. “Going live on millions of VIZIO smart TVs and streaming boxes is a huge milestone in giving consumers the power to enjoy an entire world of entertainment at their fingertips.”
M-GO to Participate in #VIZIOSmartTV Twitter Chat
To celebrate/kickoff the launch of M-GO’s pay-as-you-go streaming service going live join @VIZIO and @M-GO for the #VIZIOSmartTV Twitter Chat taking place on Thursday, August 8th from 12 – 1 p.m. PDT (3 – 4 p.m. EDT). M-GO will be the featured partner as part of VIZIO’s weekly social chat, where VIZIO owners can find out how to get the most out of M-GO. The social conversation is open to anyone using Twitter to follow the conversation using hashtag: #VIZIOSmartTV and they can also receive details on their opportunity to enter to win a 32” VIZIO M-Series Smart TV & a mega M-GO rental package. For additional information please visit: http://bit.ly/18aP19J
#MGOmovienight: M-GO Connects Fans to Film with Night Social
With the popularity of digital streaming continuing to increase in 2013 and beyond, 84% of respondents of a recent study indicated that not only do consumers stream at least once a week, but also, regardless of gender, a good number of them are streaming alone. M-GO wants to bring back the excitement of the traditional “Movie Night.” The company is giving the gift of the shared viewing experience with friends, family and/or loved ones by giving fans five day access to a free feature to stream for five days. Fans simply cast their votes for featured title they want to “unlock” in the M-GO Picks “Movie Night” card on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter (@mgo, hashtag: #mgomovienight). The movie receiving the most votes from the community will be announced on Thursday, August 8th following the #VIZIOSmartTV chat, “unlocked” and available to anyone with an M-GO account for streaming at any time over the next five days for free. No purchase is required to vote or participate in the virtual streaming party. For additional information, visit: http://bit.ly/1e92GQe
Touch the Button: M-GO Takes “People-Friendliest” Entertainment Service to a New Level
VIZIO owners can now sit back, relax and touch the button to get connected to great entertainment faster and easier than ever with M-GO:
- A comprehensive Digital Directory: M-GO is so committed to taking the hassle out of watching great digital entertainment quickly and easily, that it is going further – even if M-GO has the content, it will help people find it on other media stores including: Amazon, HBO, Hulu, iTunes, Netflix and Vudu.
- Keep your viewing playlists personalized: M-GO gives up to six profiles per account and has a “Watch List” feature so that each member of the household gets tailored recommendations and their own wish list of movies and TV shows they want to watch later.
- Spending limits for parents to give their kids the freedom to watch but the ability to budget and avoid credit card shock when the bill arrives.
- M-GO also enhances viewing and entertainment discovery by providing movie trailers, critic reviews from Rotten Tomatoes, Cast and Crew images, filmographies and more – which provides a helpful second-screen experience.
- We’ve-got-your-back customer support. Live operators are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.